The Programme Building Networks and Alliances is the founding initiative of the FMS. In 2018 it celebrates its 10 years, and we celebrate by incorporating eight women’s organisations from Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay:
- Women’s Association “Brazos Unidos”, Horqueta, Concepcion, Paraguay
- OPUMI Association (Organizadas por un mismo Ideal), Central Department, Paraguay
- Casa Comunidad -Espacio de Violencia-, Cordoba, Argentina
- Centro Integral de la Mujer Marcelina Meneses, Ezpeleta, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Mujeres Activando, Cordoba, Argentina
- Colectiva Feminista Mujeres Organizadas de Catamarca, Catamarca, Argentina
- Colectiva Feminista Las de Abajo, Colonia del Sacramento , Colonia, Uruguay
- Mujeres de Frontera, Rio Branco, Cerro Largo, Uruguay
These organisations will receive financial and technical support with the aim of contributing to their internal and external strengthening.
Thus, we inaugurate a new stage in REDAL, with a focus on the prevention of violence against women: Networks and Alliances Free of Violence. In this framework, REDAL reinforces its support for frontline women defenders; that is, the women’s organisations that are the first to come into contact with cases of violence, and provide accompaniment and guidance. We know that these organisations often work under pressure and with very few resources, even though their role is essential to the lives of women. REDAL also prioritizes organisations composed and led by women who face multiple discriminations and disadvantages due to their cultural, racial, sexual or socio-economic situation.
With this initiative we aim to eradicate all types and forms of violence against women and girls in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay; promoting respect for the autonomy and integrity of their bodies.
We need to continue adding organisations. Can you help us with your contribution? #DonateToday #BeActiveSister #ActivateYourDonation